Postal Codes In Kogi State
Kogi State is a state in north central Nigeria created on 27 August 1991, it borders Anambra State to the south, FCT Abuja to the north, Benue State to the east and the Ondo, Ekiti and Kogi States to the west. Its capital is Lokoja.
Kogi State is nicknamed “Confluence State’’ because of the confluence of River Niger and River Benue at its capital, Lokoja.
Kogi State Snapshot:
- Total land area: 27,747 Km2
- Capital: Lokoja
- Local Government Areas: 21 LGAs: Adavi, Ajaokuta, Ankpa, Bassa, Dekina, Ibaji, Idah, Igalamela-Odolu, Ijumu, Kabba/Bunu, Koton Karfe, Lokoja, Mopa-Muro, Ofu, Ogori/Magongo, Okehi, Okene, Olamaboro, Omala, Yagba East, Yagba West.
- Population: 4,750,115 (Male- 2,422,559 and Female-2,327,557)
- Vegetation: Tropical Savannah
- Major crops: Cassava, Rice, Cashew, Coffee, Cocoa, Palm Oil, Groundnuts, Maize, Yam and Melon.
- Solid minerals: Limestone, Iron Ore, Marble and Gemstone.