Whether you are up to 18 years or not, if you find yourself on this page, it is most likely that you’re searching for information on how to register for the INEC PVC.
What is PVC?
PVC is the abbreviation for Permanent Voters Card. It is the plastic card issued to eligible voters in Nigeria who are above the age of 18. The PVC is introduced to replace the temporary voter’s card.
How to register for PVC
Typically there two ways to register for your PVC whether you live in Nigeria or Not.
- Register online via https://cvr.inecnigeria.org/
- Walk into any INEC office near you and enroll for your Permanent voters card (PVC)
Procedures to register for PVC online
You can register for the new INEC PVC using your smartphone, Tablet, or from your Computer by following the steps below:
- Fill Pre-Registration Form on the INEC Portal
- Schedule an Appointment Date for your Biometric Capture
- Generate Application Slip for your Pre-Registration
- Visit your chosen Biometric Registration Centre to capture your Fingerprints and Photograph
- Track Registration Status Online via the INEC website
- Be notified when your PVC is ready
- Walk in to office and pick Your PVC
How to register for PVC at INEC registration centers
You can find real-time locations of INEC registration centers close to you by following the CVR Live Locator
The online process has been developed so that only the capture of biometric information, which is, front-facing photographs, fingerprints, will be done during the actual on-site registration process.
The estimated time to be spent during on-site registration is now faster because you would have already provided key Bio-Data during the pre-registration process online.
The online pre-registration system will also allow INEC to manage the number of expected registrants at a given registration center.
So it is advisable to do a pre-registration online before going the office for biometric capturing.